Notices

Camber Question

Old 03-27-2005, 02:50 PM
00CivicSleeper
Just Beginning...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camber Question

Hey,

Just finished installing my Omnipower full coilovers for my 00 civic ex. So far, no big problems, i do have a few questions however.

1) whenever i hit a bump, i hear a thumping noise coming from the rear, like something is in my trunk hitting against the sides. is this normal?

2) can someone tell me how to adjust the height of the coilovers now that they are installed? the instructions on that were kinda vague. what all do i need to loosen in order to lower/raise it?

3) im going to be getting an alignment in about a week after i get my rims, i have the front camber kit and the front looks fine, however the rear is a lil iffy. (see below) whats an acceptable amount of camber?

4) if my rear camber is off too much, i will prolly do the washer trick, what/how many washers/bolts will i need, what kind?

i think thats all for now. thanks in advance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IM000060.JPG (39.5 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg
IM000062.JPG (32.2 KB, 20 views)
Old 03-27-2005, 06:20 PM
00CivicSleeper
Just Beginning...

up
Old 03-27-2005, 07:00 PM
Wharbone

You shouldn't hear thumping in your trunk. Are all of you bolts torqued to spec?

Is it only when you go over bumps too fast? Maybe you just aren't used to stiff suspension. Is it like a dull thud, or more of a clank like something is loose?
Old 03-28-2005, 07:51 AM
00CivicSleeper
Just Beginning...

its a dull thud..

Oh... does anyone know if when i get my alignment, they say my rear camber is off too much and i do the trick, will i need it aligned again? also, what size/kind bolt/washers will i need? and does anyone have a good DIY with pictures, the ones ive found dont have pics
Old 03-28-2005, 10:12 AM
G-M-W

u might wanna send 18secondferio a mesage...i think he did the washer trick and it took away like 2.5 degrees of camber
Old 03-28-2005, 04:27 PM
chimchim
WRX cuz Honda won't wagon

Originally Posted by 00CivicSleeper
Oh... does anyone know if when i get my alignment, they say my rear camber is off too much and i do the trick, will i need it aligned again? also, what size/kind bolt/washers will i need? and does anyone have a good DIY with pictures, the ones ive found dont have pics
You need to read my DIY civic suspension right here in HAN. Washer trick at the bottom.

Camber correction by shim washers depends on the thickness of the washer, although I'm guesstimating that 1 washer thick per 0.75" drop.

You must do your alignment AFTER all suspension modifications. Everytime you modify the suspension, you change the geometry. Washer trick inclusive.
Old 03-28-2005, 04:58 PM
00CivicSleeper
Just Beginning...

thanks chimchim, ill def use your DIY!