Notices

Leaking coolant

Old 03-25-2005, 08:33 PM
pdperski

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leaking coolant

My car is leaking coolant around the area of the alternator. Im guessing and hoping its the waterpump. Aslo if i have a blown head gasket what signs should i expect. Theres no water in the oil and no coolant in the exhaust. So anyone have any idea what is leaking on my 95 civic EX. Its under and a litte bit to the front of the alternator. And another question. I dont think i can replace it myself if its a waterpump so what price is reasonable from a mechanic for a water pump, timing belt, and tighten the radiator hose clamp????
Old 03-25-2005, 10:28 PM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Chances are it's the waterpump. How many miles are on the motor and when was it changed?
- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD

FA Ferio - Returned
www.NelsonLee.net

Old 03-25-2005, 10:45 PM
pdperski

i just bought the car 5000 miles ago and it currently has 106000 miles. I dont think its ever been changes
Old 03-28-2005, 03:04 PM
pdperski

hey, so that decal dude makes decals, Well i was wondering, i bodyboard cause i live in hawaii and im starting a video company that shoots bodyboarding videos. You think if i have some of them decals made they will stay pretty good on the bottom of a bodyboard. Proffesional bodyboards consist of a fiberglass bottom and it will be in contact with salt water alot.??????????????????
Old 03-28-2005, 05:33 PM
HeavyFooted
That's what its all about

300-500$ parts and labor. Get under the car and check the weep hole on the water pump, could be that. Loss in compression, white smoke, coolant in the oil, oil in the coolant. Check to see if there is pressure on the radiator hoses. The radiator hose clamp should be something you can do easily....