Notices

t-belt cahnge time?

Old 03-24-2005, 07:16 PM
oldskoolcivic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default t-belt cahnge time?

I think i need to change my t-belt, just wondering what kind of tools i need to do the job and amount of time, and the level of difficulty. i have a 94 dx, d15b7 single cammer, have no power steering, no ac, and no timing belt cover. so basically the only belt that i have other than the timing is the alternator belt. im thinkin maybe it might take 45 mins or so to do the job, just take off motor mounts, use a jack to put under engine, and cahnge belt? any advice would be appreciated.. thanks
Old 03-25-2005, 08:21 AM
1fasthb

It's going to take a lot longer then 45minutes. If you don't have a air compressor your going to have fun taking off the crank pulley bolt. Also don't forget to change your water pump.
Old 03-25-2005, 09:24 AM
Jafro
I'm made of meat!

Originally Posted by oldskoolcivic
im thinkin maybe it might take 45 mins or so to do the job
:rofl:

As for the level of difficulty, you couldn't have an easier engine to do this with. I agree with 1fasthb. If you have air tools, and good instruction, there's no reason you can't do this in under 3 hours including the water pump.

Replace your belt, water pump, tensioner pulley and call it a day. You won't have any trouble with it if you FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS IN YOUR SERVICE MANUAL. You do have one of those, right?

It's not difficult, but just remember that 99% right is an F. If you get it 1% wrong be prepared to do the job again or you'll be replacing your head.
Old 03-25-2005, 10:16 AM
Running925
Your Powder Coater

omg.. definatly more than a 45min. job..

Read Everything HERE , then you will have an understanding of how to do this job.

Go off the service manual tho as a referance just to be sure of all the spec's
Old 03-25-2005, 10:44 AM
oldskoolcivic

well.. i know it takes 3 hours for the shop to change my belt on my older civic with ps and ac. takeing off ac and ps to get to the belt and putting it back in takes off time, so i guesss it takes less time w/o it.
Old 03-25-2005, 10:56 AM
oldskoolcivic

maybe my shop had all the tools and a superman mechanic...