Notices

How do you take out window crank???

Old 03-21-2005, 02:25 PM
DjJuanTwo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you take out window crank???

Alright, im on dail up, so i dont feel like looking up stuff at the moment. If some one can explain how to take out the window crank or give me a link to a post about it. Greatly appreciated. Seriously, im just thinking you just pop that sucker out but i dont want to ruin anything.
Old 03-21-2005, 02:40 PM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What car and read the sticky at the top of this section... :uhhok:
Old 03-21-2005, 03:17 PM
DjJuanTwo

civic coupe LX 2003
Old 03-22-2005, 06:41 AM
'93TurboD
5-finger discount :rick:

I'm not up to date on the 2001+ civics but my 93 has a clip behind the crank, in between the door panel and the back of the crank. I just bent a paperclip into a hook and pulled the clip out.
Old 03-22-2005, 04:21 PM
civicandtegra

they make a tool that all bodyshop guys have that looks like a huge fork with 2 teeth and u put it under the tab and pry is GENTLY. a screw driver or tiny crobar would work
Old 03-22-2005, 10:27 PM
DjJuanTwo

I'm not up to date on the 2001+ civics but my 93 has a clip behind the crank, in between the door panel and the back of the crank. I just bent a paperclip into a hook and pulled the clip out.
Ya, i did noticed that ring.

they make a tool that all bodyshop guys have that looks like a huge fork with 2 teeth and u put it under the tab and pry is GENTLY. a screw driver or tiny crobar would work
Ya, just bought that tool couple hrs ago. Well, going to try again tomorrow.

Hey, thanks everyone for taking the time to help me. I know im always rushing things and always try to look for the fast way out.
Old 03-23-2005, 08:02 AM
twinring

screw all that, get a peice of cloth and stick it in behind the crank between the door panel and the crank, then move the cloth back and fourth like you were shining a pair of italian shoes, the clip will come right off... this is an old wives trick and a shade tree mechanics secret.
Old 03-23-2005, 10:08 AM
DjJuanTwo

Actually, i think it's just better to spend a couple buxs for a tool. It's only like 7 buxs and makes it a whole lot easier.

Btw, westcoaststyle...uhh...lolz...i JUST read your sticky post... I knew i should have read it when i saw it and also knew that there had to be a specific section for my situation. But like i said, im constantly rushing because i rarely ever have time. Figured i'll get a quick answer and no one would mind the post. Though next time for sure i'll post in the right spot. I know it's gotta annoy someone when they see a post out of place.