Notices

Vacume Issues

Old 02-23-2005, 06:57 PM
Running925
Your Powder Coater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vacume Issues

Hey guys, i'm having vacume problems. When i lose off all the ports on the intake manifold that vacume runs through, the car has an extreamly low idle and or dies. Apparently it needs some air to run while the throttle body isn't open, so i'm guessing that i'm missing something here. Anyone have any suggestions. (this is B18 related)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
P1010001.JPG (198.4 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg
P1010002.JPG (196.3 KB, 56 views)
Old 02-23-2005, 06:58 PM
CivicRacr

maybe bad IAVC, could be clogged, or adjust the idle with the screw on the TB
Old 02-23-2005, 07:02 PM
Running925
Your Powder Coater

added pix to origional post .. hopfully that will help

on pic number 2 .. what is SUPPOSED to be on the whole in the back.. coz ever time i plug it by "T" into something else the car dies on me.
Old 02-23-2005, 08:56 PM
Civic2Scooby

Originally Posted by Running925
added pix to origional post .. hopfully that will help

on pic number 2 .. what is SUPPOSED to be on the whole in the back.. coz ever time i plug it by "T" into something else the car dies on me.
first off, the hose you have on the first pic that is goin to the valve cover is wrong. That hose goes the the PCV valve, the hose that goes to your valve cover comes from the intake tube, since you are not NA you need to find a different filter system for the valve cover...on the second picture the house in your hand goes to the brake booster I believe.

edit: first pic is not hooked to the valve cover...is it plugged into a pcv valve though?

also spray soap and water on all vaccum lines or replace them you will see small bubbles if they are cracked or leaking.
Old 02-24-2005, 05:31 AM
Running925
Your Powder Coater

Originally Posted by b16aEGcivic
first off, the hose you have on the first pic that is goin to the valve cover is wrong. That hose goes the the PCV valve, the hose that goes to your valve cover comes from the intake tube, since you are not NA you need to find a different filter system for the valve cover...on the second picture the house in your hand goes to the brake booster I believe.

edit: first pic is not hooked to the valve cover...is it plugged into a pcv valve though?

also spray soap and water on all vaccum lines or replace them you will see small bubbles if they are cracked or leaking.
The hose that is supposed to go to the PCV valve IS pluged into the PCV but it's just not going into the oil catch can coz the catch can was cracked.. but i have it sealed so it should be ok right?

The Vacume hose that i was holding IS connected to the Master Brake Booster, i was holding it out of the way so that i could show that open port in the back of the intake manifold.

All hoses are brand new!
Old 02-24-2005, 08:33 AM
Relic1
Teal Hatch Cult Member

that has to be a direct port into the IM after the TB based on where it is.
If you don't have anything that needs that connection, plug it.

check out your IAVC and make sure your idle adjust screw isn't turned all the way in...

Since I don't really know the IM you're messing with.... what is the hole between the left two injectors? just below the fuel rail. it looks like where the PCV valve would go.
Old 02-24-2005, 08:42 AM
Running925
Your Powder Coater

Originally Posted by Relic1
that has to be a direct port into the IM after the TB based on where it is.
If you don't have anything that needs that connection, plug it.

check out your IAVC and make sure your idle adjust screw isn't turned all the way in...

Since I don't really know the IM you're messing with.... what is the hole between the left two injectors? just below the fuel rail. it looks like where the PCV valve would go.
When i plug that empty hole the car stalls

I'll look at the idle screw when i get home from work.

Intake mani is a B18b mani.

Yes thats where the PCV is supposed to be sitting, but like i stated above, the vacume line IS connected to it but the bottom portion of it is open. The bottom portion of it is normally supposed to go down to the catch can but i have that sealed up coz it was cracked when i origionaly took everything apart.
Old 02-24-2005, 09:21 AM
Relic1
Teal Hatch Cult Member

I asked about the PCV hole in the IM because it looks like it's an open hole into the intake runner.... my bad.

if you disconnect the plug from the AICV with the car running then plug the hole, does the car idle better? (the CEL will be on)
Old 02-24-2005, 10:59 AM
Civic2Scooby

I think, dont quote me on this that the port in the back was either connected to emmissions charcoal canister, or to the evap purge valve that you dont have, which is also emmissions shit I believe...plug it up.
Old 02-24-2005, 11:02 AM
Running925
Your Powder Coater

ok.. so basicly u guys are sayin, plug it all up & adjust the idle screw on the throttle body to compensate for the engine dieing. (dieing is due to lack of air getting into the engine to remain running). ?? just wanna be sure on this?