Notices

power window help

Old 02-21-2005, 10:15 PM
buister
Vietcong

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power window help

I just put a stage one clutch in my 99 Civic Si Coupe, and taking out the housing and reattaching it. And after everything was reassembled "Pain in the ass job." The windows on the right side door isn't working T_T. Could anyone tell me if there's a loose wiring located under the hood. Or could it a fuse(doubtfully, since the left window does work).
Old 02-21-2005, 10:25 PM
Civic2Scooby

I would almost guarantee coincidence....bust out the trusty old DVOM and track it down from the window motor to the switch.
Old 02-21-2005, 10:29 PM
buister
Vietcong

Default O_o

^-^. Thanks, i will check that out tomorrow morning.
Old 02-22-2005, 07:10 AM
monicle
Repo.Jackmoves.Com

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its only the drivers side? are you able to controll the passenger side window from the drivers side? if you are still able to controll the passenger side from the drivers side then Id say you have a regulator problem or the switch is bad. Its not going to be anything under the hood or anything. Its got to be something in the drovers side door. If both sides didnt work then that would be a different story.
Old 02-22-2005, 08:53 AM
buister
Vietcong

Default T-t

yeh, can't control from either side. Ask some friends and they said it could be a switch problem. Still kinda looking into it more O_O
Old 02-22-2005, 09:47 AM
Relic1
Teal Hatch Cult Member

each window has it's own fuse... make sure there isn't anything wrong there first.
under-dash fusebox;
#11(20A) - drivers window
#10(20A) - passenger's window

also, it sounds silly but make sure that the window lock out isn't switched. Without that on the passenger's window will not work for either switch.
Old 02-22-2005, 09:49 AM
Jafro
I'm made of meat!

Slam the door and try it again. That worked on my GF's Teggy. Percussive manitenance.
Old 02-22-2005, 10:01 AM
Running925
Your Powder Coater

humm.. u wouldn't have been kickin u'r feat around on the drivers side kick pannel would u? if so.. there is a wire harness that bundles into the main car harness, it comes across from the driver side & routes along the main wiring behind the dash & pops it's ugly head out into a plug which is mounted on the dervers side wall near the fuse pannel, it plugs into the harness that comes out of the driver side door

pretty hard to disconnect the plug but just wanted to put that bit of info in here incase it happened to be your problem
Old 02-22-2005, 10:34 PM
buister
Vietcong

Default ^0^

i found out the prob =D. Need a new fuse and a new switch for the driver side. ^-^ Thanks <3