Notices

Sloppy Clutch Problem

Old 01-27-2005, 08:59 PM
mug

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sloppy Clutch Problem

I recently changed out the clutch in my 1994 Civic EX Coupe. I used all Honda parts. Once I had everything back together, I flushed the clutch fluid and bled the system. Now my clutch has hardly any resistance. I then noticed some fluid running out of the master cylinder so I replaced it. Same sloppy clutch. Does anyone know what could cause this? Could it be the slave? My fear is that I reassembled the transmission incorrectly. I haven’t driven the car yet so things might change. Can anyone help?
Old 01-27-2005, 09:07 PM
BatuKing

So the pedal is dead? you get no kick back on the clutch?
Old 01-27-2005, 09:12 PM
mug

The pedal is just soft. It kicks back, but it feels really soft. I'd hate to find that it doesn't disengage once I get it on the road. My wife has a 99 civic. I watched the slave push the tranny in while someone pushes the clutch on both cars. Both appear move about the same distance.
Old 01-27-2005, 09:14 PM
BatuKing

ok and you replace the entire clutch system. flywheel, pressure plate and throwout bearing?
Old 01-27-2005, 09:20 PM
mug

Yes, I replaced all of the above. I had the flywheel resurfaced, not that it would have anything to do with the current problem.
Old 01-28-2005, 01:22 AM
SteveJ

when i put a new gearbox and clutch in my civic, i also bled the clutch becasue my slave cylinder was leaking so i had to replace it. Before i did everything my clutch was very heavey, and after it was so light/ i though i had bleed the clutch wrong, but it worked fine and i havent had any problems, were you every having to fill up you clutch fluid regularly? :rockon:

steve j
Old 01-28-2005, 07:40 AM
mug

No problems before I replaced the clutch. Since I purchased the car, it didn't grip well and it studdered during regular take offs. It had normal pedal pressure before the clutch replacement.
Old 01-28-2005, 09:06 AM
monicle
Repo.Jackmoves.Com

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

does the clutch work? If it works but the pedal just feels different then what does it matter? If the clutch doesnt work at all Id make sure that the fork that moves the throwout bearing isnt just flopping arround in the tranny. If it slipped off then thats where your problem is.
Old 01-28-2005, 02:10 PM
mug

I haven't started the car yet, in fact, it is still on jack stands. I'm trying to get some information before I drop it. The fork is stable and operates like my wife's civic. I guess I just have a soft, soft clutch now.
Old 01-30-2005, 08:26 AM
mug

I drove the car yesterday. It still feels soft. Just when I started to think it was firming up, my wife drove the car and said it was still soft. Oh well, it works great. I just thought it was wierd that a stock clutch would have a different feel.