Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by alphaxxn
turbo B > turbo D 9/10 of the time.
I could get like 5 turbo d's before I can afford a turbo B
Old 10-01-2004, 11:30 PM
Outxider
X-Motoring

turbo that motor til it blows, then as u feel the force, u can come join the DOHC side.
Old 10-02-2004, 12:32 PM
alphaxxn
4500rpm hesitation

Originally Posted by lgbr
I could get like 5 turbo d's before I can afford a turbo B

*shrug* thats true
Old 10-02-2004, 04:55 PM
ShuengChang
1992 Honda Civic

I'll gladly take your d16z off your hands if you are upgrading.
Old 10-02-2004, 05:38 PM
2gr84u
2gr84u

Originally Posted by ShuengChang
I'll gladly take your d16z off your hands if you are upgrading.
damn where was your ass when i was selling mine lol
Old 10-03-2004, 03:05 PM
bolt-on
honda lover

d series engines are up to 50 lbs lighter than b and there are all motor d series motors getting close to 300 hp. so a well researched and built d should be less expensive and superior to a stock b swap? i will expect the ensuing shitstorm
Old 10-03-2004, 03:08 PM
Civic2Scooby

Originally Posted by bolt-on
d series engines are up to 50 lbs lighter than b and there are all motor d series motors getting close to 300 hp. so a well researched and built d should be less expensive and superior to a stock b swap? i will expect the ensuing shitstorm
ha...for the same money dollar for dollar upgrades on NA b series and NA d series the B series will make it its bitch...generally higher displacement, and a proven better flowing head.....also I would love to see where you got this 300hp NA d series info..not saying it doesnt exist, but I am a bit skeptical

hell...with the amount of money you would have to chuck at that NA d serires build just to get around 210 at the crank I could waste that same amount and buy a Hype R motor.
Old 10-03-2004, 03:22 PM
bolt-on
honda lover

Originally Posted by b16aEGcivic
ha...for the same money dollar for dollar upgrades on NA b series and NA d series the B series will make it its bitch...generally higher displacement, and a proven better flowing head.....also I would love to see where you got this 300hp NA d series info..not saying it doesnt exist, but I am a bit skeptical
your skepticism is understandable . 300 may be a bit high . whats the average cost of a b swap? is 3 to 4 thou close? that a whole lot of head work and bolt-ons and even a built bottom end for the d, hell maybe a chip. and i dont think its too far a stretch to say you could use an agreed budget for a b swap and wisely build an allmotor d that could beat a stock b motor. just maybe not a type r. but you know what im saying. you would only need to make about 50 to 80 hp increase depending on the d motor. i think he should minime
Old 10-03-2004, 03:29 PM
Civic2Scooby

Originally Posted by bolt-on
your skepticism is understandable . 300 may be a bit high . whats the average cost of a b swap? is 3 to 4 thou close? that a whole lot of head work and bolt-ons and even a built bottom end for the d, hell maybe a chip. and i dont think its too far a stretch to say you could use an agreed budget for a b swap and wisely build an allmotor d that could beat a stock b motor. just maybe not a type r. but you know what im saying. you would only need to make about 50 to 80 hp increase depending on the d motor. i think he should minime
you still arent grasping the concept of tq, and the d would sure be a dyno queen, but I doubt it would have a very usable power range.....all motor D is pointless....now if you are sayin you could do a hell of a D turbo that will walk a B then yeah I mite agree. In the end its what you want. If you are lookin to hit big numbers, than the D just doesnt have what it takes...its a great motor, but the B is by far superior in design, flow, displacement, etc.
Old 10-03-2004, 03:37 PM
bolt-on
honda lover

your probably right. but just for shits and giggles what do you think a fair price for a b motor swap is? labor included.