Notices

bought a 2003 Civic EX

Old 08-13-2004, 02:53 PM
crak600
Hi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bought a 2003 Civic EX

i was a member here sometime over a year ago, but can't remember user name, so couldn't care to try to find it. i wasn't influential though, so don't worry, you're not missing anything.

got a used 03 Civic EX Sedan on Wednesday. 19K miles, 5spd. love it! it was either that or the 05 Corolla. the Civic had more options and was the same price, so i just couldn't say no.

now we've got 2 Civics...her 96 DX Coupe and my 03 EX Sedan. awesome stuff

posted up in the audio forum about doing a stereo install on the car. i want to replace door speakers and head unit, as well as put some subs in the trunk. i've pretty much got everything already, just a matter of ripping it all out of my old car and putting it into the Civic. i'd appreciate some suggestions over there if i can get any help.

thanks and glad to be back on the boards here.
Old 08-13-2004, 05:02 PM
Kestrel
Push to shock!

Hi :wavey:
Old 08-13-2004, 06:45 PM
catatonic
(´Д`)

Congratulations.
Old 08-15-2004, 07:30 AM
crak600
Hi

:wavey:

i'm pretty impressed with the car to this point. i've put about 600 miles on it in the past few days (2 semi-long trips to make). the only thing that i've found that i do not like about the car is the seat...the way it's curved has an effect on my back muscles. got very used to the straight back seat in my Blazer. guess i need to do more stretching after hitting the gym so i'm not sore for days afterwards. i had the same problem with her Civic when she got it though, and i eventually just got used to it. just a matter of time i guess.

very impressed with the way this car picks up considering the 127hp and 114 lb ft of torque. i was narrowed down between this civic and the 05 Corolla. both are nice cars with great reliability and resale value. the Corolla didn't have as many options, and i didn't care too much for the dash layout. the corolla seemed to be a bit faster (and had a little better gas milage), but i still made a good choice.