Notices

suspension + bowl cruising

Old 06-22-2004, 01:36 PM
bensk8erm30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default suspension + bowl cruising

alright. my first post in a while. summer is here, my stock shocks and springs are all ****ed up, i smoke alota weed, and like to pack a few friends in my 94 ex 2dr.

what is the best setup for this car gonna be. i need some kind of adjustability, but i am not sure of wether to go with like say, Kyb Agx's/Eibach springs, the Tokico Illumina(white shocks) package, or some kind of coilover kit. Shit, I am still confused as to how coilovers are different.

I basically don't want my new suspension to get ****ed up if i put an occasional 3rd, or 4th person in my car. My civic is going to be built.....eventually.

Cliff Notes: Best suspension setup for occasional racing and frequent 3 person bowl cruising.

Thanks guys
Old 06-22-2004, 01:53 PM
wagz182ksu

good thing you mentioned you smoked, cuz the fact that you'll be smokin bowls in the car is totally crucial to the suspension setup that you end up getting... :down:
Old 06-22-2004, 02:05 PM
TeHJuSTiN
NAM #0001

Originally Posted by wagz182ksu
good thing you mentioned you smoked, cuz the fact that you'll be smokin bowls in the car is totally crucial to the suspension setup that you end up getting... :down:
:werd:
Old 06-22-2004, 06:52 PM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pretty much any ordinary lowering spring like the eibach pro-kit or H&R OE Sport, etc. will do you. Don't get anything with a drop of more than ~1.8" otherwise you'll probably have scraping/speedbump problems with a bunch of dudes in the car. Judging by your use of the vehicle, I don't think you'll really need to get coilovers.

As for shocks Koni Yellow>Tokico Illumina>KYB AGX in the adjustable department, although you'll probably want to leave them on full-soft most of the time, so you might consider looking into a decent quality non-adjustable.

And to you other folks, the fact that he smokes obviously isn't crucial to his setup ( :thinking: ), nor is it grounds to ignore his question. But bensk8erm30, you might get better responses if you don't mention it in the future. :yes:
Old 06-23-2004, 05:10 AM
s1ngle
clutch slipping boost

do us all a favor, and take the wheels off your car if all you plan to do in it is bowl cruising.
Old 06-23-2004, 06:46 AM
lkailburn
college kid

gayest post ever.

i'm not even going to bother offering my opinion/advice to this loser
Old 06-23-2004, 02:00 PM
raiden571
turning u inside out

Originally Posted by lkailburn
gayest post ever.

i'm not even going to bother offering my opinion/advice to this loser
yeah, im with him.
Old 06-23-2004, 02:04 PM
19.3secS2K
my bum is on the swedish!

lol, people don't like pot mentioned around here.... it used to be real bad when my user name was still SirSmokeAlot :chuckles:

But don't worry about these guys, most of them are computer nerds anyways :db: :eek3:

Nothing wrong with the occational hotbox, so long as you have your shit togeather. I've been getting stoned and driving for over 4 years now with no problems (and no wrecks or arrests), and this is fairly constant. I used to do it full time, but I still deliver pizza's as a part time job. I can't do that job without smoking :chuckles:

the problem is people automaticlly assume people who do drugs are morons. But the thing they fail to notice is that its not the drugs that screw people, so much as it is the people who screw themselves. But this is a moot point. Come on, this is pot. Anyone who has tried it should know its not that big a deal. Even compared to drinking.... But fawk it.

ON TOPIC: I think white-n-slow summed it up well....

I have my car lowered around 1.7" on arospeed springs and stock shocks. Not the best setup in the world, but really, its better than stock (albeit not much). Here's a pic:

when I get around to it, I plan on getting a set of Tein S-tech springs (about $120 shipped on ebay) and a set of KYB GT2's (non-adjustable).

The fact is, most of these adjustable shocks and coilover systems are for the diehard racers. Not just street, but auto-x, and such. Personally, I just drive around, so a true performance suspension setup would problably not be the best thing for me (especially with road conditions).

as for the ride hight, I can easily pack 3 other people in the car with me and not scrape (within reason). Naturally, with a full load, the car kinda handles a bit better, not to mention it drops down about another half inch. Unfortunatly, weight becomes an issue

ah well, I think that should help.... be safe :bandito:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Untitled-1.jpg (168.8 KB, 148 views)
Old 06-23-2004, 02:14 PM
asiandoood
sancho on the sizzide!

i dont care if there is a question about suspension. we dont tolerate/promote substance use in here. if you feel this thread was closed for the wrong reasons...pm me or any other mod/admin.

Last edited by asiandoood; 06-23-2004 at 02:20 PM.