Notices

changing back to honda oil from synthetic?

Old 02-13-2004, 11:05 PM
jordan88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default changing back to honda oil from synthetic?

hi, i have a 98 civic ex coupe with 160k km on it, is it alrite for me to change back to honda engine oil? would there be anything wrong if i change back to honda oil? or should i stick with the synthetic? would my car be running better under synthetic or honda oil?

also with synthetic, i heard there sometimes will be leaks, where would the leaks be? I replace the head gasket and all the glommets already. would i have problems with leaks, or would the oil leaks comes from others places?

thx
Old 02-14-2004, 10:55 AM
honura
Seni

Umm I don't think you will have a problem changing oils . But I would rather stick to the oil your using now it's much better . Umm about the leaks I don't know . Goodluck .
Old 02-14-2004, 11:28 AM
Civic2Scooby

Originally Posted by jordan88
hi, i have a 98 civic ex coupe with 160k km on it, is it alrite for me to change back to honda engine oil? would there be anything wrong if i change back to honda oil? or should i stick with the synthetic? would my car be running better under synthetic or honda oil?

also with synthetic, i heard there sometimes will be leaks, where would the leaks be? I replace the head gasket and all the glommets already. would i have problems with leaks, or would the oil leaks comes from others places?

thx
sometimes on super high milage engines sythetic isnt as good. I cant remember why though....damn it pot... :thinking:
Old 02-14-2004, 12:32 PM
Prince

This has been discussed couple of times. Search for it.

Anyway, my understanding is. If the car hasn't been running synthetic since day 1, u should not switch to syn because it WILL be burn by engine ('cuz engine is not used to it). Civic and such should not be switching to syn IMO regardless, go "synthetic blend" if you really want to go with syn. But syn is only be used on powerful engines which comes with recomendations of using syn (and being used since day 1).

You can somewhat safely switch from syn to regular most of the time.

Anyway, the only true most way to find out what is best for you? Try them!
Try syn only oil at next oil change and see how car runs and keep an eye on the oil level. Then switch to blend ...
Let us know, how it went
Old 02-14-2004, 04:18 PM
Outxider
X-Motoring

i switch to synthetic at round 40k and the motor had never ran so smooth and i can go 4k before gettin an oil change. from what i understand is once u got synthetic, u cant go back.

Originally Posted by Prince
This has been discussed couple of times. Search for it.

Anyway, my understanding is. If the car hasn't been running synthetic since day 1, u should not switch to syn because it WILL be burn by engine ('cuz engine is not used to it). Civic and such should not be switching to syn IMO regardless, go "synthetic blend" if you really want to go with syn. But syn is only be used on powerful engines which comes with recomendations of using syn (and being used since day 1).

You can somewhat safely switch from syn to regular most of the time.

Anyway, the only true most way to find out what is best for you? Try them!
Try syn only oil at next oil change and see how car runs and keep an eye on the oil level. Then switch to blend ...
Let us know, how it went
Old 02-14-2004, 04:21 PM
niko
Im driving a f_cking egg

you can go from reg to synthetic no problem, but if you wanna go back to regular, you need to get it flushed out. I'm thinking of doing it because I think my motor is starting to burn oil.
Old 02-14-2004, 04:34 PM
honura
Seni

What if your motor is burning oil synthetic is no good ?
Old 02-14-2004, 07:03 PM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you can switch to synth, but your not supposed to switch back to regular once youve been using synth.
Old 02-14-2004, 11:27 PM
Civic2Scooby

Originally Posted by white_n_slow
you can switch to synth, but your not supposed to switch back to regular once youve been using synth.
:werd:
Old 02-15-2004, 07:03 AM
vassil3427

Stick with Synthetic, if your motor isnt burning oil now, and doesnt have leaks or anything. Synthetic is MUCH better than normal dino oil. Well worth the extra $$ if you ask me...

It only causes leaks if it has had a bunch of gunk built up inside and the seals are worn out. But if you had synthetic in for awhile...you're fine

Quick Reply: changing back to honda oil from synthetic?