Notices

Tranny or something else ???????????????

Old 02-10-2004, 11:31 PM
mxl36o
1999 Accord 4 cyl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tranny or something else ???????????????

Scenario...When driving and hitting bumps, while holding the stick, I can feel as if the tranny is bouncing around? I pop the hood up, ask my friend to pull the car forward and reverse, while focusing on the upper tranny mount. I see the rubber bushing along with the tranny flexing up and down a bit. <br><br>
Specs: 96 Civic 198,000 miles Stick.
<br><br>
Now I read heard about the Polyurethane mount inserts, but that seems to require me to take out the mounts. I also heard about going to home depot, and purchasing a tube of polyurethane sealant, but I was wondering if its possible to apply that sealant w/o taking out the mounts. How does that idea sound? <br><br>
Btw my bolts are extremely rusted, so I dont want to unbolt anything.
Old 02-11-2004, 12:05 AM
Civic2Scooby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mxl36o
Scenario...When driving and hitting bumps, while holding the stick, I can feel as if the tranny is bouncing around? I pop the hood up, ask my friend to pull the car forward and reverse, while focusing on the upper tranny mount. I see the rubber bushing along with the tranny flexing up and down a bit. <br><br>
Specs: 96 Civic 198,000 miles Stick.
<br><br>
Now I read heard about the Polyurethane mount inserts, but that seems to require me to take out the mounts. I also heard about going to home depot, and purchasing a tube of polyurethane sealant, but I was wondering if its possible to apply that sealant w/o taking out the mounts. How does that idea sound? <br><br>
Btw my bolts are extremely rusted, so I dont want to unbolt anything.
sounds like you have a bad tranny mount....I would recomend replacing it..it is very easy to do and would be a lot better than tryin to ghetto rig it... :a: