Notices

putting 96 civic door panel back on

Old 01-18-2004, 10:24 AM
bmrichar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default putting 96 civic door panel back on

I recently had a passenger side window problem that I needed to remove the door panel for. I fixed the window but in my attempt to get the door panel back on, I noticed I couldn't do it without taking off the small door speaker near the window. Could I get some help in how to take off the small plastic piece? Thx
Old 01-18-2004, 10:35 AM
Hondaman
Black Pearl

Which piece are you talking about? Is it the small triangular piece just opposite the mirror?
Old 01-18-2004, 12:07 PM
96GreenCivic

If its the small tweeter, its ez. You just have to be really careful. Don't use any tools. Just slowly wiggle it out. Open the door and roll down the window all the way. Pry it out with your hands. There is only one clip holding it in. I have pics. I'll up load in a minute.
Old 01-18-2004, 01:02 PM
Hondaman
Black Pearl

Originally posted by 96GreenCivic
If its the small tweeter, its ez. You just have to be really careful. Don't use any tools. Just slowly wiggle it out. Open the door and roll down the window all the way. Pry it out with your hands. There is only one clip holding it in. I have pics. I'll up load in a minute.

:thumbup:

Cool!! I was gonna do it too, but I'm working on two different computer systems right now and I happened to be on the one without my manual. If you can't find it let me know and I'll post it too later on.

Anyway,

Like 96GreenCivic says,
It's easy, just take your time and make sure the temp is above 60 degrees F. This will insure that you don't break the plastic or the clips while taking it off.

Good luck!!
Old 01-18-2004, 01:27 PM
bmrichar

Thanks for your input, I will give it a try, unfortunately it's about 10 degrees here so I will not be able to try it until I find a heated garage. If you do happen to find those pictures it might help.

Thanks again.
Old 01-18-2004, 01:31 PM
96GreenCivic

Default Here you go

Ok,
Open the door and roll down the window all the way. Be careful and hand pry out the tweeter piece. There is only one major clip holding it in and a few plastic guide pieces.

Now just (again) gently move the assembly aside. Don't pull too hard or you'll mess up on of the black guide pieces and pull out the tweeter wires. Then just remove the 3 screws you see. That's about it.

I'm replacing my elephant ears with "JDM" powered manual folding mirrrors. I just need to have them painted.

Hope all this helps
PM me if you need help
Old 01-19-2004, 11:51 AM
oc_civic
mcc racing

Originally posted by bmrichar
Thanks for your input, I will give it a try, unfortunately it's about 10 degrees here so I will not be able to try it until I find a heated garage. If you do happen to find those pictures it might help.

Thanks again.
good luck with that.. i went through the same thing like a week ago.. HUGE pain in the ass... the actual panel was the biggest pain..
Old 01-19-2004, 05:40 PM
96GreenCivic

I just changed my gf's friends mirror on her 01 Civic. It was really ez. Took maybe all of 10 minutes.
Old 01-19-2004, 06:06 PM
s1ngle
clutch slipping boost

heh, that little clip was the first thing to break off for me.... haha