Notices

Polyurethane engine mounts for beginners

Old 01-08-2004, 02:25 PM
chimchim
WRX cuz Honda won't wagon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polyurethane engine mounts for beginners

I read the hazone installation of polyurethane engine mounts and he did it on a car with a B18 swap.

I'm thinking about doing this on my D16 to more efficiently put power to the wheels. So:

- am I wrong? will this help put power to wheels at all?
- because of my 4 banger, am I and my passengers going to feel ridiculously uncomfortable vibrations?

And about the hazone installation, they only jack stand the car. They never support the engine. I thought that when you remove mounts, you have to support the engine. But no? Or do the tranny and side mounts support the engine enough that you don't get your hand crushed when removing a mount?

Thanks
Old 01-08-2004, 02:35 PM
Dubs
Just wait...

New mounts would reduce wheel hop I think, which would give you more traction. I duno about power:dunno:
Old 01-08-2004, 04:19 PM
Bumnah
So OG it hurts.

i've played with quite a few motor mount inserts.

buy the prothane counter part more expensive but much better.

harder polyurethane
driver side mount on eg and dc mounts rubber is completely removed and replaced with polyurethane. fully poly not rubber, not just an insert like the es counterpart.
es front lower torque mount inserts are horrible. my 'performance zipties' broke within' a month.

jimfab makes full replacement piece for the front lower torque mount. and much better quality.

poly bushings helped reduce engine movement around turns, better start up, less wheel hop, and once you get used to them you don't even notice the difference.

def. good upgrade on old and worn out mounts.

btw. honda's have 5 motor mounts. two in the very front, two on the sides, and one in the rear.

the two side mounts are all you need to hold the motor up, the others help keep the motor from moving around too much.

i have a rule, if i am removing either of the side mounts i put a piece of wood under the oil pan and hold the motor up with my floorjack. removing either of the side mounts it helps to jack the motor up just a little bit to releave stress from the side mounts.

the front or rear mounts, just let it hang.
-----