Notices

New Pics

Old 11-28-2003, 04:51 PM
95DXPhiladeph

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks alot! heres the original pics you probably saw...

the gheyness level went way down...

any opinions on what to do for sides? i dont think OEM is low enough... and i'm not sure how much lower i can go with these sides... they look good though...

and will the gunmetal c8's look good? any other opinions on rims?

ummm other than that igo4bmx, you'll definetly be seeing the paintjob in person... whenever we get to install those kids' motors
Old 11-28-2003, 04:53 PM
95DXPhiladeph

this is a nice photochopped version of what my car with the ground control's installed, tokico's installed... dropped... and bronze c8's.... but this is before the conversion too...

only thing is i wanted to see what the amber tails would look like... im gonna keep the red/clears...
Old 11-28-2003, 05:00 PM
honura
Seni

Yep car is PHAT ! " Pretty Hot And Tempting " . I dont like 2 tone . But other then that YEAH MAN ! !!!!! !! ! ! ! ! !:thumbup:
Old 11-28-2003, 05:02 PM
flipped cracka
BOOM goes the dynamite!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i do not like it at all.
Old 11-28-2003, 05:17 PM
95DXPhiladeph

someone asked me for a write up in PM... here it is for everyone else too...

:thumbup: Thanks alot! Basically here's what you'll need...

From 99-00 Civic:

Front bumper, front grill, hood, both fenders, radiator support, full core support, air conditioning bracket, radiator bracket, hood latch assembly, headlights, all weatherstripping, garmets, seals...

You can get the headlights, grill, a/c bracket, radiator bracket, hood latch assembly, weatherstripping, garmets, seals all from HondaAutomotiveParts.com, or whatever that site is... majestic honda.

The bumper, fenders, rad support, core support, and hood you need to get directly from a honda dealer or if you're gettin like aftermarket bumper or hood, you can get that from VIS Racing or wherever... front grill you can get aftermarket too like Mugen style or whatever it is...

From your civic youll just need fenders...

Then you take your old stock fenders and cut off the front 8-12"...
cut the same amount off of the new fenders and weld together... body filling, sanding, and voila... custom fender... this is the most important part of the job... then you gotta knock off your old rad support, put the new one on... put your new core support on, hood latch assembly... have a shop do it... it'll turn out better... i could have done it myself but i had an experienced shop with good welding tools do it... my MIG welder just wont cut it...

in all... the job costed me 3100 dollars, and my insurance company gave me 3200 of it. That's a hooked up price... normally it would have cost me about 3500-3800. Parts included... and I went with CTR lights... and CF hood, and foglights... so the shop had extra money put into aftermarket parts, and body work with cutting the foglights...

ends up looking pretty good, you just gotta sand the rounded "ridge" out of the new fenders to match the body lines of your old fenders... this is the difference between a good job and a bad job.. the fenders. Dont go cheap on this part, and your car wont look cheap.

hope this helps! :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 11-28-2003, 05:20 PM
JDMhatch

lol damn people hate soo much! It's hot man, nice job..I'd say go with 16inch black or broze c8s.
Old 11-28-2003, 05:26 PM
95DXPhiladeph

Originally posted by JDMhatch
lol damn people hate soo much! It's hot man, nice job..I'd say go with 16inch black or broze c8s.

i might go with bronze...

i dont know how well this is gonna match... my silver-ish headlights....

opinions... i think bronze/red looks good...
Old 11-28-2003, 05:45 PM
EJcivic02
I talk Before I think

id paint it one color, throw some 16 rims of your choice, put stock rear bumper w/lip and maybe some other side skirts and call it a day:thumbup:
Old 11-28-2003, 05:50 PM
Wharbone

Originally posted by 95DXPhiladeph
this is a nice photochopped version of what my car with the ground control's installed, tokico's installed... dropped... and bronze c8's.... but this is before the conversion too...

only thing is i wanted to see what the amber tails would look like... im gonna keep the red/clears...
That is the worst photoshop job I've ever seen.

Conversion looks good. Those m3 mirrors look really dinky with it though. I'm sure the spoons will look better, but I think you should go with 99-00 oem mirrors modded to fit your car.
Old 11-28-2003, 05:53 PM
95DXPhiladeph

Originally posted by Wharbone
That is the worst photoshop job I've ever seen.

Conversion looks good. Those m3 mirrors look really dinky with it though. I'm sure the spoons will look better, but I think you should go with 99-00 oem mirrors modded to fit your car.
if i knew how to mod em to fit my car i would... i was askin about this a few months ago :dunno: i dunno how to do it but that would be killer! the base of them looks almost identical