Thread: New Pics
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2003, 05:17 PM
95DXPhiladeph

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

someone asked me for a write up in PM... here it is for everyone else too...

:thumbup: Thanks alot! Basically here's what you'll need...

From 99-00 Civic:

Front bumper, front grill, hood, both fenders, radiator support, full core support, air conditioning bracket, radiator bracket, hood latch assembly, headlights, all weatherstripping, garmets, seals...

You can get the headlights, grill, a/c bracket, radiator bracket, hood latch assembly, weatherstripping, garmets, seals all from HondaAutomotiveParts.com, or whatever that site is... majestic honda.

The bumper, fenders, rad support, core support, and hood you need to get directly from a honda dealer or if you're gettin like aftermarket bumper or hood, you can get that from VIS Racing or wherever... front grill you can get aftermarket too like Mugen style or whatever it is...

From your civic youll just need fenders...

Then you take your old stock fenders and cut off the front 8-12"...
cut the same amount off of the new fenders and weld together... body filling, sanding, and voila... custom fender... this is the most important part of the job... then you gotta knock off your old rad support, put the new one on... put your new core support on, hood latch assembly... have a shop do it... it'll turn out better... i could have done it myself but i had an experienced shop with good welding tools do it... my MIG welder just wont cut it...

in all... the job costed me 3100 dollars, and my insurance company gave me 3200 of it. That's a hooked up price... normally it would have cost me about 3500-3800. Parts included... and I went with CTR lights... and CF hood, and foglights... so the shop had extra money put into aftermarket parts, and body work with cutting the foglights...

ends up looking pretty good, you just gotta sand the rounded "ridge" out of the new fenders to match the body lines of your old fenders... this is the difference between a good job and a bad job.. the fenders. Dont go cheap on this part, and your car wont look cheap.

hope this helps! :thumbup: :thumbup: