Notices

b16a2 with p72 ecu

Old 10-11-2013, 11:18 AM
XXRJXX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default b16a2 with p72 ecu

lots of speculation and different comments on this topic, prob im having, just swapped in a 97 del sol b16a2 with s21, have the p30 from the car all ob2 also have a gsr p72 obd2, no wiring problems all good, problem im having, running the p30, car is very limited in power and i dont really like waiting for so long for vtec to open up, so i popped in the p72 i got and WOW, big difference all through the power band and vtec pops way harder, way funner to drive, questions is can i damage the b16 running the p72? ie : dual butterflies on the gsr intake and or maybe couple other things, second question is i get evap code every 100 or so kms that i have to reset, is there or does anyone know how to bypass this since my 97 civic dosent come with fuel tank pressure sensor? thanks in advance for any help and sorry for my lack of knowledge have have tried for days and days to find answers with no luck of anyone having or wondering the same thing

Last edited by XXRJXX; 10-11-2013 at 02:28 PM.
Old 11-22-2014, 08:20 AM
HAMOTORSPORTS
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You will not damage the B16 engine by running the P72 ECU, however it will run rich. This will eventually damage the catalytic converter (if equipped) and my gum-up your exhaust ports. The P30 ECU 'should' run much better on your engine than the P72 ECU. If there are other upgrades on the engine (ie: intake, header, etc), then the difference may be due to the B16 running too lean with these mods and not being tuned.