View Single Post
Old 05-05-2003, 06:59 AM
doctorsohc
I HATE SCAMMERS!!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The automotive service industry - to state it simply - sucks! There are VERY few mechanics (or technicians for that matter) who actually know the product they're working on. Car makers are not providing adequate training for service techs these days, plus they are on "book time", so if they can't finish a job within a certain amount of time they lose money. If the job can't be jammed out the door in less than the amount of time it says in the book, they don't want to deal with it. Usually, if a service writer can bill out more time than the month has in it per tech, he gets a bonus (very typical at larger dealerships). This really sucks... this is why I try to fix everything myself these days, not to mention that when a dealer sees a modded car they don't want to touch it with a ten foot pole. The fact is that you can't get quality work if you put service techs on commision - that just encourages greed! And as far as genuine honda/acura parts go.... well there sometimes is better out there. A good example is a set of brake lines - over $180 for a set from honda for stock rubber garbage, or $120 a set from goodridge (stainless braided, lifetime warranty)

Good for you coco8724!!! You should be proud of yourself that you took the time and followed your instinct - this is to all the dealers ripping off the world with inferior service and jacked prices

:madfawk: :madfawk: :madfawk: :madfawk: :madfawk: :madfawk: