View Single Post
Old 04-16-2003, 07:38 AM
doctorsohc
I HATE SCAMMERS!!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default intermittent low idle - mystery!

Has anyone ever had this problem before? - Every once in a while my D16Z6 will idle very low (300-400 rpm) hot weather seems to make it more frequent, also drawing a lot of juice from the alternator (lights on, AC running) I never get a check light to come on, neither does it have any codes in the ECU. I had a well running donor car and swapped out the IAC and Thermovalve as well as a bunch of other sensors. Replaced O2 and coolant sensor with new ones from Honda. Cleaned all the ground connections around the engine bay. Always keep it well tuned (plugs, wires, cap, rotor, timing, etc.) and clean the TB regularly. Had the charging system checked by a dealer. The car will sometimes bog off the line and be a bit hard to start but otherwise would run fine. I recently sent out my old injectors to be cleaned and checked. Bled the cooling system. Ran compression test (190 pounds exactly on all 4 holes) Also had the dealer run some top end engine cleaner through it, no difference. I worked as a mechanic for a while on drivability problems, so you can imagine that I tried anything logical so far. The dealer out here is giving me a hard time because of some mods I did to the car, that shouldn't at all affect anything like this.

ANYONE HAVE AN EDUCATED GUESS???