View Single Post
Old 01-28-2003, 09:37 AM
paymepunk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '88 Teg Project car

My new little toy has some problems

I recently bought an '88 teg for a ridiculous price so i decided i would do some restoring. The engine was rebuilt 2 ys back and all hoses replaced. I am however experiencing some noises which i believe ton be my pressure plate on my clutch. When you turn it in you do not have to depress the clutch to turn it over, and in idle with the clutch out it make a slight scrapping and rattle noise which seems very loud. I believe the noise comes from the universal to the tranny. the noise disappears when i press the clutch however begins again once i begin to move. and precedes to make loud noises in the first three gears but once in 4-5th it drives beautifully. if anyone thinks this may be a problem other than the clutch give me some ideas. also i have been informed from the seller that the right axle needs replaced and i am aware that you must remove this in order to change the clutch. I also need to replace the carpeting in the vehicle due to mold so i was wondering if anyone knew about cheap alternative to getting it done. IE hardware store carpet and heat guns or something. Please let me kno whenever someone has an idea and i will hopefully have pictures up soon.

Thanks for any help talk to me on AIM = Paymepunk

Paymepunk