Old 01-13-2003, 02:19 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by RB
Quote from initial story: "With such backing the TSX should be competitive with most of its competition, including the BMW 325i, Saab 9-3, Audi A4 1.8T, and Nissan Maxima". Don't say that The TL is the main competition for the 3 series, because its not. The TL is the poor man's 5 series...In my opinion. I guarentee that Acura is attacking such competitors such as BMW, Nissan, Saab, and Audi. To be considered in this class, Acura has to dance with the big boys, so to speak. Also, look at your first response in this thread...I think you are contradicting yourself.

I don't see how I contradicted myself. That's nice if you think the TL is a poor man's 5 series, but its price range falls right into the range of the BMW 3 series. Price dictates competition, not interior measurements or horsepower. Look at every entry level luxury sedan comparison test done in the past 1-2 years...it consists of the Acura TL-S, BMW 330i, Infiniti G35, and a couple others. I dunno if you've ever been in a 5 series or a TL, but they are pretty uncomparable. The 5 series is at the pinnacle of automotive engineering, the TL-S is a boat of compromises.

An all around automobile isn't purely for speed, and both the ITR and the 3-series prove this. Honestly, you never got to MY point: the ITR and the 3 series aren't even in the same automotive class. A fairer assessment would be the ITR vs the M3...both are the top of the class in thier respective model. But again, The ITR may be winning these speed touring challanges, but the 3 series was made for something completely different all together than the ITR. Seriously, your arguement is very flawed for comparing these two types of cars.

I'm trying to tell you that FWD isn't insuperior. This has nothing to do with what car I picked. Tuned well, FWD can provide the handling and grip of RWD up to 9.5/10 driving. That's for relatively light cars with horsepower ratings below 240, when it gets above that horsepower and above 3400 or 3500 lbs, RWD is a must for good handling.[/quote][/b]

Again, as far as the RWD vs FWD arguement. Don't bring in the snow arguement. If you are going to drive in the snow, or are in an evironment where it snows, you should be driving an suv. if you want to start comparing the X5 vs the MDX, go right ahead. Neither automobile was specifically designed for off road or snow climates. And as far as saying that no one is going to race it even though its a RWD automobile, how do you explain the ITR? People aren't going to buy an ITR and drive the speed limit...

I laughed my ass off at the suggestion that I should be driving an SUV. Thanks for the humor. I just drove through 5 inches of snow this Saturday for about an hour. I was in snow that was falling at a rate of 3-4 inches/hour in my FWD Accord, I will never buy an SUV. Not because Jesus wouldn't drive it, because they handle like shit until you buy a Cayenne. And my dick is big enough to be able to live with sitting below everyone. And I meant race is in ON A RACETRACK. The TSX (Accord) is too heavy and big to road race like the ITR.

Again, I was never saying that the TSX doesn't compare, I was simply saying that it wont match up...read my first sentence in my first post...when comparing these two automobiles, money is honestly. I honestly believe that they are in similar classes, perhaps not the same, but I think the lines are shading between classes as of late. As far as saying I'm superficial...what is the first thing you notice about a car? It's looks. It's hard not to be subjective about a car when discussing its aesthetic appearance. I respect that you find the car eye pleasing, but I disagree with you on that respect, as I am sure many others do. If two cars are in the same class (lets take our original example of the 3 series vs the tsx), simply looking at stats, performance, appearance, etc, disregarding money (because they ARE in the same class, so if you want to spend less money, look into a less expensive class), the 3 series is in every way superior.
Yes, you are absolutely right, the 3 series is superior in every single way. $15,000 tends to buy you alot more car. Just like how the Boxster S is superior to the S2000...but last time I checked, my bank account balance only has 3 digits. I'll buy what the best car is for the money. I'd say the 325i is close to the TSX, but again, optioned to the TSX's level it comes out to above $32,000 and you get slower acceleration.

Chris