Old 10-16-2014, 06:55 PM
spydercatt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Video DIY for Honda Accord 2.3L

Originally Posted by F3user
Just bought the car last week with no idea of previous maintenance history. 93,000 on the odometer so I decided to get the timing belt / water pump changed. My mechanic told me his book called for 6 hours labor but that it wouldn't take that long so he charged me $250 labor (his shop gets $65/HR). His shop is a Napa Car Care center which means if he uses the more expensive napa parts, the work is warranted (parts and labor) for 12 months or 12,000 miles, whichever comes first. The napa timing belt kit was around $250. I could have brought him a cheaper kit that I bought and saved a hundred dollars, but would have lost the warranty. The water pump was $65 (plus antifreeze), I also had 2 external belts (power steering, alternator, ac) changed. I ended up having the front rotors turned and new pads installed ($75 labor, I supplied the pads). Total for everything with 7% tax was $752. I just thought it might be helpful to some people to know current pricing for this maintenance. For what it's worth, the parts that came out appeared to be in very good condition, showing little wear but at least I won't worry about it now.

To see a Video DIY of how to complete this job, check out the following video:

http://youtu.be/9TMR9PG3fko