View Single Post
Old 08-28-2013, 09:41 PM
334cobra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! Drive train problem.

Ok, so I installed a new clutch, AND did a minor overhaul on the tranny of my civic d16y8. I put everything back together, and it started up first time...only thing is when the car is on, I can shift into any gear without the clutch, BUT it doesn't move! Ruled out any axle issue...what else could it be?! P.s. when the car is on jackstands, the front wheels spin independently of each other...shouldn't the other wheel spin in opposite direction when you spin one wheel? P.s.s. When I turn one wheel...it KIND OF grabs the other wheel and spins it, but if there is anything grabbing that other wheel, it doesn't move at all. If the clutch is stuck in the disengage position (as if the pedal were pressed) would this cause the axles to independently spin? Btw here is a picture of what my axle on the driver side looks like (found on another website, but this is how mine looks)...and I'm telling you, it's not going in any further. I'm a strong guy, and I have beat this thing up and down...its not goin any further. Just wanted to know if THIS is how it should look for a d16y8 driver side axle manual tranny.[ATTACH=CONFIG]84456[/ATTACH]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
b4cc2ae3.jpg (172.9 KB, 5 views)