Old 05-24-2013, 11:40 PM
allmotorb18a1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi im new to the whole forum thing so bare with me. I have a 91 teg with b18a1. trying to pass smog but keep throwing CEL 43. I knowits the fuel delivery system just don't know all that, that includes. also I have that stupid idle that's goes up and down at a stop sign or light. I hate it cuz everyone stares. I want to do all motor no vtec maybe turbo down the road but don't know yet. I do know I want more hp but don't want to have to pull the motor n tare it apart, still have to have it for work and classes. I might just buy another motor to build my all motor monster, but for now I just want to make this one as fast as I can without taking the whole motor abart to do it. also im in ca so I have smog to deal with so any parts u know aftermarket that I can use would be great. so far I have cold air, header back exhaust I do have a cat, I have gsr water pump, oil pump and timing belt. I also have cam gears. im trading a shop my ecu cuz its for a auto and I have a manual.

also I have pretty much have everything from the head up for lsv. head is already set up for the conversion. I have p28 ecu socketed and chipped, jumper harness, dizzy, plugs from obd1 engine harness for dizzy wiring. head has IM,TB,FUEL RAIL,INJECTORS, I need to sell them so I can get trailing arm bushing and inner/outer tie-rods w/boots as well as valve adjustment done on my car. I just bought it all thinking I would be ok but ya smog would have been hell if even possible, so I really don't know prices of these things they are all in good condition and have been looked over buy a shop who might buy everything I have but he wants to know how much I want. everything I have that I know he will buy I payed like $2000-$2300. I know he has to make a profit but what should I sell it for so I can get the work done and still have some money left over.?

sry its a lot but my tags r up and I really need the help I always research things and figure it out but what Ive asked above im stumped. all parts on car now r all CA approved for smog n I have all paperwork to prove it. just need the idle problem figured out and the CEL 43. And what ever else I can do to make it a fast without tearing it apart again. thanks for any info and help.