View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 10:13 PM
2000geezer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motor for Sale

Originally Posted by ReaperOne
Im not sure what the GSR goes for, but try calling around to the junk yards and ask for a price on 1 and how many miles it has on it to get a ball park figure. I bought my Ls B18B1 for $700, so I would guess maybe around $1500? ? ?

As far as the Catalytic converter, if it is bad you will have to replace it or the CEL will still be on when you replace the engine. . .

I would post it together, but as willing to part out, you may get more for it parting it out, but may be stuck with the left over parts that no one wanted. . .

You could also see if the place that will put in the new engine will take the old one as a trade to knock off some of the price, that way you don't have to worry about it. . .

Let me know what you end up doing. . . I got 2 B18B1 engines but thinking about selling them and going GSR. . .
Thanks for the response. It seems like no one in this economy really wants to buy a genuine usdm b18c1 because only funny guys try to lowball me for like 400 for entire long block.... while trying to convince me to come to their shop that has bad reputation all over the region. Then the guy won't stop txting me because he thinks I"M stupid.... i dunno... that guy was just waay out there...

Anyways, granted that it's been driven 180k miles (freeway miles), anyone buying a used 11 year old motor will surely replace what is necessary....

Where do you normally sell your motor Reaper? I'm from Orange County and can sell you what you need, whether you just want the bottom block or the head. Maybe i can even send a truck out there cheap for delivery. If i can't sell the other, maybe i'll learn to work on my own car for the first time.