Old 12-09-2009, 12:24 PM
ricardo95

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default installing audio in 2007 accord- HELp guys!

I have some db651 polk 6 1/2" speakers and an amp & 8" sealed sub box- hope it's enough bass but I don't want to rock the block.
1. Any ideas where to mount the amp? Dimensions: 9”W x 2 3/4”H x 14 ¾” D
I dislike the idea of under the drivers seat as i have tall people in my car. It's a tough fit under the passenger seat but may work as I have a babyseat there in the back. I also saw a cool idea of behind the rear tail lights in the trunk mounted on fiberboard then fiberboard mounted on the back. I throw a bike back there every so often and need to fold down the rear seats occasionally.
2. The front door speakers I hear are nightmares and that these brackets may work. I plan to use a dremel to open the door speaker port. This a good idea? Anyone been there? How on earth will I get speaker wire into that door, I pulled the drivers side out on my friends car and that looked easy- removing glove box and the port tube is there.
3. for feedback, I plan to tap a line converter to the front speakers and keep power going to them as the tweets run off the front speaker wiring I hear. I assume they share the power outage. Since the radio is 120Wx6, and they both share the same power, can i assume it's 40Wx2 for the fronts? I was thinking, can I do away with that whole wire and feed my subs that 40W?
4. This sounds crazy, but can u link the factory HU wire to the speaker wire and combine the power or will the it be too different since they're different power units?
thanks, sorry for the length and detail but wanted to share my thoughts thoroughly. I'm mechanically inclined but still learning audio. I have done a fair amt of research.

Last edited by ricardo95; 12-09-2009 at 12:40 PM.