View Single Post
Old 12-30-2008, 08:23 AM
jeff_falk2007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

k series engines to my knowledge havent even been covered in here as far as swapping into a 2nd gen prelude...correct me if im wrong but i do not think it will even work? if money isnt an issue then a h22a jdm engine with manual trans for a complete swap is around 2600 shipped..mounts are 535 shipped..wiring harness is around 350-400 shipped...axles are 200 bucks a peice...then you have to go to junkyards to get things llike shifter and your linkage for your trans...radiator from integra for more cooling..custom power steering lines..things like that.. if your car is auto then you will have to swap in the manual essentials accordingly. the h22a coms stock around 200hp and 160 ft/lbs of torque. this is the most common and most reliable swap to achieve a great amount of power for that chassis. just make sure you completely research your chassis and possible variables that you may like to try and go from there. mainly look for posts and websites that include what you are trying to accomplish. i am in the middle of a 1990 prelude si swap in a h22a jdm engine...so i have done the research and what i have told you here is what alot of people have done and has been reliable and trouble free as opposed to b-series swaps.. i have researched a bit on the k engine and i havent witnessed any in a 1st 2nd or 3rd gen prelude..if you want k-series then go for a newer chassis like a 2000-2002 civic si ..the H-engine is your best bet for the money and time involved.