View Single Post
Old 07-25-2008, 03:39 PM
Travis@DICE
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pslsnakes
Speaker size has nothing to do with distortion. Distortion comes from different equalizing, crossover slopes, and what bass and treble settings are at, and how much power is going to a speaker.

Kick panels are going to be hard if you have a manual, and you will lose your dead pedal. I have a 5 speed, and tried to do kick panels, but the driver side got in the way of using the clutch pedal.

Don't get components unless you are going to amp them. Comps were not designed to run off head unit power, and never will be. Also, mounting the speakers correctly will give you better sound. The stock speakers are mounted on the door panels. You want to cut that out, either make or buy a speaker baffle and mount the mid range drivers to the door in self. I will see if I can find a pic of mine.

The 6X9 will give some distortions jut because audio is suppose to be produced as a circle. When you use an od shaped speaker your freq. waves cross eachother.

Compontents can be ran off of a head unit power. I would not run a high quality pair off of a head unit but if you get a basic 2 way component speaker system it will sound fine.