Old 01-13-2008, 03:31 AM
Vinc84

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Skeptics

On another forum someone responded to my post with:

"Where's the announcement? Do you have smething offical or is this just something that the tech said?"

Unfortunately it's not that easy to view the official Honda service bulletin. You can view service bulletins through certain websites that charge you around $20 - 30 for a detailed print out of a particular service bulletin...but I'm not going to do that when I've already been told about it personally by my dealership. Basically, I'm just sharing what I've learned about the issue from my own findings at the dealership. I've done as much as anyone can about the problem. My local Honda service manager drew up a Honda service bulletin that addresses the 3rd gear problem officially. He told me that there is a fix that is due in 2008 as early as the month of January. I was then told I he will try to contact me about it when the fix is available. I have been going to this dealership for maintenance on my old 97 Accord Coupe LX SE, 98 Civic EX, and Honda Oddysey as well as my 07 Civic SI. I am treated very well there so I don't think I was lied to. There is no reason to lie to a customer about a false fix.
Only someone at your Honda dealership can assure you about the fix if you don't take my word for it. I'm merely relaying what I was told by a professional. Again, this is why I suggesting that anyone who is experience this very same problem should also take their SI to the dealership and inquire about the problem and fix.

In either case, I'll update this forum and every other forum I have posted on about how everything goes when I bring my car for regular maintenance tomorrow on Monday. I'll speak to the service manager again to see what's up with the release of the fix. I'll post again then.

Last edited by Vinc84; 01-13-2008 at 03:37 AM.