Old 01-13-2008, 02:23 AM
Vinc84

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you're looking for a quick answer without reading my long post, I'll sum it up.

Honda has announced a transmission fix for the 06 - 07 Civic SI (and any other Honda 6-speed that qualifies for the fix). The announcement is on their official service bulletin for any dealership to draw up to see for themselves. If the service manager still fails to figure out that this is a Honda recognized issue and that there is a fix for it, kindly ask him to contact someone at Honda Motor Corp about it for you and they SHOULD be able to inform him about the fix through the phone.

Again, the fix involves basically overhauling your existing transmission and changing a few of its mechanics around. THIS IS BASICALLY A NEWLY LAID OUT GEAR BOX. You will probably want this even if you don't experience 3rd gear issues because this is what Honda is putting out there as a fix and as a new transmission lay out. I suggest that if you have an 06 and 07 SI, that you bring your car in and see if the fix is necessary for you or not. Personally, I'd get it done just to stay up to date with the parts. Unless of course you have an aftermarket tranny or something.

Good luck. fix through the phone. Good luck.

Last edited by Vinc84; 01-13-2008 at 02:35 AM.