View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 02:32 PM
losiglow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by azn1028
think you may want to change the oil right after, dont wait for the 500 miles.
Might be a good idea. I've gone 100 miles and the oil is slightly darker, about what it looks like at 2K miles. I'll probably change it tonight. I've noticed significanlty less of the "clickity-clackity" that I'm used to with the F23. I've always wondered about that but everyone says it's normal. Even after a valve adjustment it sounded the same. It's still there but much quieter when the engine is cold. My mileage was the same, 33 mpg, but I added the seafoam in the middle of the tank so it's not really going to be accurate until the next fillup. It seems like I've noticed a bit more power, especially at the lower RPM's (which of course Honda isn't a winner in). I'm finding I don't need to downshift at typical places that I used to. Maybe a few ponies were freed up with the treatment, but it could very well be psycological since I was expecting a difference.

A quick question for anyone who's used this stuff though; is it a good idea to try to run another 1/3 pint through the throttle body if you got a lot of smoke the first time? Is there supossed to be less smoke when you clean it out or will you see a lot regardless? With as much as I saw the first time it makes me think maybe I didn't get it all. But if it's the seafoam causing the smoke and not the carbon buildup then I suppose there's no point in doing it again.