Old 04-18-2007, 10:56 AM
mayonaise

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by reno96teg
i pointed that out because you and epoch keep saying that violent crime has gone down when in fact it's on the rise again in recent years.
The point that I believe Epoch was trying to make is that as long as violent video games have been prevalent, violent crime is down. Violent crime dropped sharply in the 90s, when violence in video games was increasing and gaining a wider audience. Has there been a sharp up-tick in video game violence in the last two years alone?

oh right.. when you can't refute the numbers, it's "infinitely more complicated". i see your game.
You seem to have some problems interpreting figurative language.

why is it that more than double the people, maybe triple (per 100,000) versus 50 years ago CANNOT make that distinction nowadays?
No, that isn't even a valid question, unless you want to attribute ALL violent crimes to fictional violence. But you're not doing that, right?

seriously. what a poor reply. stop wasting my time.
You're wasting your own time. Not my problem. :fawk:

Originally Posted by Kestrel
But I do agree with reno that you can't take movies and TV out of the equation entirely.
I agree with that, too. But it's a lot more (yup, infinitely more) complicated than A implies B.