View Single Post
Old 11-27-2006, 05:44 PM
MiataMania
Go Kart Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda Newb:Teg ?'s thread - 94 GS-R JRSC

Alright, so a friend of mine and I are planning to boost his 94 GS-R. He's coming from a 500+ charged camaro and is looking for something to have fun in up here and the mountains and have a little kick in the straights. Car may see some auto-x and MAYBE a track day if I can talk him into it. Because of cost and drivability issues, we think we've decided on the Jackson Racing Supercharger...the big boost kit along with full bolt-ons. Kit is 12 Psi...hondata retuned ecu...440 injectors...

http://www.supercharger.com/Shop/Vie...eIndexID=38961

The car, to my knowledge will be bone stock (hasn't picked it up yet) mechanically, I know we'll be doing suspension/brake work on it first. What all is recommended from those are you who have JRSCs? Is the big boost kit the way to go for decent power goals and QUICK low end power?

-Also, the kit doesn't look intercooled...? I've never boosted a honda...but I know I'd never F/I my miata w/ out some kind of cooling, is it needed?.

But what else is recommended: what fuel pump would be needed/suggested? (I've heard Walbro, but forget which one) what header/catback/intake combo, any advice at all?

Also, I think the est. # should be around 250 hp...what clutch would be recommended...and is a LSD necessary? sorry, not sure if the GS-R came factory with one?

We are building a street car w/ maybe some auto-x's...track day time...but mostly very hard mtn driving and some 1/8th mile stuff every once in a while, any help would be much appreciated...just link me to threads if you think they could be usefully, I've been searching a lot ...so the clutch question, I know has been answered a lot, but it wouldn't help to get opinions on this specific case. I'll keep the thread updated w/ installs etc, just trying to get a start...Thanks guys! :irock: