Thread: oH f*** yEa!!
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2006, 04:46 AM
yellowbastard
Bootyologist (__i__)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JoePoonani
when was the tranny fluid changed last? If its been a good amount of miles chances are that theres friction material in the fluid thats helping the clutches mesh so if you drain it out and put fresh fluid in you might actually not be able to move.
I haven't. I bought the car in March for $1200, and it was slipping when I bought it. The guy said it was that way for like 10,000 miles prior. h: It seemed as though I could let it sit and cool for a little bit, then it would go in gear fine and thats how I was able to drive it home.
Originally Posted by reechy
damn...my '95 accord did the same thing. i would give it gas, but the tranny would go to neutral and then "catch" a gear. i sold it as soon as i discovered that h:
Nice move! :chuckles:
Originally Posted by Civic2Scooby
cap full of brake fluid into the ATF fluid....

also I would rec. using an ATF fluid made by I wanna say GM, I can look for it if you want. It has fine peices of clutch pack material in it, and helps to give worn clutch packs some new grip. Flushing the fluid can actually make it worse, as it will get rid of all the particles of clutch pack that can actually aid. The new fluid will create and even slicker surface.
I never heard of using a GM ATF, but what you're saying makes sense. I found a cheap used transmission online that I may end up getting as well if I can't repair it.