Thread: oH f*** yEa!!
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2006, 02:02 PM
yellowbastard
Bootyologist (__i__)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oH f*** yEa!!

The transmission on my EK decided to call it quits this afternoon. Just a day or two shy of being sold.

I was a headed back from looking at 4Runners out in Norfolk that I had been scoping out online. Sometimes if I step on the gas too hard it would over rev and not catch gear. I thought that was what happened but it just sat there revving up.

I threw it in neutral and got out to push it into a vacant parking lot. How embarassing. Got out, checked the transmission fluid, etc. Everything looked alright so I let it sit for about 10 minutes and after I cranked her back up it caught gear so I jumped back on the road and got on the highway. About 12 miles later of having to drive it in 3rd gear, I finally got off my exit and coasted home.

Tomorrow I'm going to Honda and getting some ATF so I can flush it when I get home. After reading up on Honda-Tech, I may look at the Linear Solenoid as well (supposedly known problem on 96-00 Civics).

This couldn't have happened at a better time. :sad: If it looks like more time and money invested I may just sell it as is. What do you think I could get for a beat up '99 DX Hatch, running motor, jacked transmission?