View Single Post
Old 09-20-2006, 05:18 PM
Hondaman
Black Pearl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by b00gers
How good of a deal?
About $350. The amp is new and comes with a full warranty. Retail is about $550.

Originally Posted by burnrubber
no no no, don't wire them into 2 ohms! supposing that that amp will really put out 2400 rms at 2 ohms, then the subs would be splitting 2400watts. so that means each sub will get 1200watts, the subs are rated at 500 rms and 1500 max. if you put the subs on that amp in two ohms, it will quickly blow them, not right away but will soon destroy them.

the alpine amp he wants to put on them, supposing the subs are dvc 4ohm a coil, so wired in parallel it would be 2 ohm put the two subs in parallel together then they will be 1ohm that alpine amp can't handle a 1ohm load.
it is stable at 2 ohm.

now the directed amp can put out 1400rms a 4 ohm, if you get that amp wire the subs so that the coils on one sub are ran in a series, and the other sub also. this will make each sub a 8ohm then run each sub in parallel and hook it up to the amp, this will bring the load to a 4ohm load and work perfect for the type r's

if anyone sees something wrong with what i said just let me know
I was thinking about two dvc 2ohm subs and wiring them both as a 2ohm load. That way the subs would see about 1000 watts.