View Single Post
Old 07-02-2006, 09:52 PM
RevengeCRX
89 CRX si, now with b16!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CivicSiR7
I just swapped a B16 motor I had for awhile. It came from a XSi Integra. After completeion of the swap, motor started up and ran fine. One big problem, it will not shift into gear. I adjusted the clutch cable a dozen times and still no change. But it will shift if the engine is not running. But if the engine is running, its hard to put into gear and the car starts to move on its own without releasing the clutch. For example if I shove the shift lever to 1st, the car will jump forward and shut off. What can be the problem clutch, pressure plate, flywheel, or throwout bearing? My greatest fear is the transmission. Please help!
I had the same problem almost a year ago. After 1 month of trial and error, and dropping the transmission out 4 times, I discovered that the clutch pedal itself broke. Double check underneath the dash where the pedals are and make sure the pedal is operating correctly. For some reason, crxs and civics have weak pedal assemblies and can break where the clutch pedal pivots. You can pick up a new pedal assembly from a parts yard for like 30-50 bucks depending on the yard.
If thats okay, then it could either be your clutch itself or your clutch release system. The good news: it's definitely not your transmission causing your problem.