View Single Post
Old 07-01-2006, 07:28 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by adva7328
for the most part yes i do agree but if you dont know jack about turbos it is easier and better on your car just to buy cams cam gears and internals so that you can buy good headers and the V2 and you will get good HP gain from them not say a turboed car isnt faster i was just saying it is better to build the motor if you dont know sh*t about boost that is it
You did say that N/A is faster in your initial response, that is why I quoted it.

Cams and a cheesy, overpriced intake do not make a built motor. Forged pistons, rods, headwork, sleeves, etc. do.

A serious N/A build will require just as much tuning as a turbocharged motor, so if you think that you can just throw some internals in because you heard they were the bombdiggity JDM shiznat, you will be sadly disappointed when the idle lopes like a bitch, there are flatspots and studders everywhere in the powerband, and it only makes 160 whp after spending all that money and labor putting it all together.

I am just saying that any route to decent power will require knowledge. If you don't know what you are doing, don't be surprised when your results are lackluster.