Notices

AEM V2 intake w/ Turbo

Old 06-22-2006, 02:27 PM
Fira!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEM V2 intake w/ Turbo

hey guys. I bought myself an 02 RSX-S about 2 weeks ago and i have some questions. Someone told me that it would be useless to buy a V2 intake because it wont be compatable with a turbo later on... is that true? if so, why? Isnt it a cold air intake and would hook right up to a turbo??? any and all input is welcome! thanks!!!!
Old 06-22-2006, 02:32 PM
Snoopy
been there done that

a cai bolts up to the throttle body. in a turbo setup this would be replaced by charge piping from the intercooler. the only remaining place for the intake would be the compressor side of the turbo. you would have to cut the intake shofter to get it to fit making it rather pointless. just stick a filter on the turbo if you want filtration.

Last edited by Mo; 06-22-2006 at 02:34 PM.
Old 06-27-2006, 03:36 AM
Fira!

ohh ok... thanks man. now what about headers? i wanted to eventually put a turbo but im not too informative on what goes into all that. dont headers come with the turbo kit? or do i have to buy that separately????
Old 06-27-2006, 03:55 AM
90CvcDX
kekeke

normally a turbo setup should come with a manifold. if you plan on piecing one together then yeh you'd have to buy a turbo manifold, not headers. you don't have a big block motor :hsugh:
Old 06-27-2006, 05:52 AM
Fira!

ohhhhhhh... so if im going to be putting in a turbo then i shouldnt even waste money on intake and headers?? sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet!
Old 06-27-2006, 08:48 AM
flyromeo3

hmmm......i think you should do a lot more research on turbo setups.
Theres a lot more involved than just buying a turbo and slapping it in.
Old 06-27-2006, 10:26 AM
Fira!

yea i know... im just trying to get a feel for what i would need. because i would hate to buy parts and then have to trash them because i dont need it... i still have a lot of homework to do before i even try buying a turbo... but im getting the basics so far.
Old 06-28-2006, 08:17 AM
1turbodc2
got boost?

u def! need to do more research u have no idea, what goes into a turbo set up, plz read and do research those 2 questions u asked are very basic, and from the sound of it u are not very mechanicly incline ( but we can help u get better) but u need to take responsible yourself and try to get down some of the basics
Old 06-28-2006, 09:13 AM
flyromeo3

Originally Posted by Fira!
yea i know... im just trying to get a feel for what i would need. because i would hate to buy parts and then have to trash them because i dont need it... i still have a lot of homework to do before i even try buying a turbo... but im getting the basics so far.

Most turbo kits available come with most complete parts to install your turbo.
If you really are planning and will execute the plan than dont bother getting an intake or header.
The header will be replaced by the turbo manifold and the intake will be replaced by the I.C piping.
Old 06-28-2006, 01:45 PM
Fira!

Originally Posted by GSSR
u def! need to do more research u have no idea, what goes into a turbo set up, plz read and do research those 2 questions u asked are very basic, and from the sound of it u are not very mechanicly incline ( but we can help u get better) but u need to take responsible yourself and try to get down some of the basics
im looking into it... nah i dont have much of a mechanical background... (daddy was neva there).... but im trying to get as much info as i can... i actually want to do this on my own.. learn parts and procedures... maybe getting a friend of mine to help out. thanks..