Thread: a good price?
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2006, 06:31 PM
96accordexcoupe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a good price?

so i was headed to best buy to ground my amp and finally hook up my sound system. i waited 3 months for the box to get finished and it was finally done! so i started hearing a ticktickclickticktickclick from my engine. at first it wasnt loud but hwne i kept driving it got noticeably louder. this happened on a saturdday night so i was gonna take it in monday morning. i was stopped at a red light not even half a mile away from bestbuy and the clicking is loud and then my car shuts off... i try cranking it and it turns but no start. so i pull to the side and called AAA...

the towing guy told me it was the timing belt... i expected an expensive repair. i had it towed monday morning to my shop to have it fixed. monday afternoon the guy calls and said it was definitely the timing belt... and because it broke while it was running it crushed all my valves. he told me i needed a completely new engine, 25000 for a used one and 6900 for a new one.

incredibly heart breaking. i havent even had it fora full year.

so i'm trying to sell my 96 accord ex coupe with a busted engine now and i was wondering around what price i should ask for. there are minor dents and dings all around the car, but its not completely poo.