View Single Post
Old 05-10-2006, 08:56 PM
junmitech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JETSPD1477
heh... 300hp turbo'd GSR would be a handful on an auto-x course... probably not too bad for a road course but still not ideal.

a reliable daily driven Turbo GSR is doable but given your intentions for the car, is it a feasable goal?

gain a larger view of what your car needs besides more HP. the more HP that is put to the ground will require more work to attain an ideal balance for the car esp if it's going to be your weekend track car/commuter.
My car needs...something with GO and that can stick to the ground. 300 is the ceiling I think as far as HP goes. To think of it, I rode in a Turbo'd B16 last night and I was IMPRESSED with the driveability and handling characteristics, which was my main concern. Then, the driver had her at 14Psi and that pulled like a MoFo then set her at 5.5 Psi on the street and she was tamed with umf. That SOLD me right there. The key thing was self control, something I totally forgot when I owned a Talon TSI 5 years ago, and driveability...light on the throttle she's ok, romp on it and it's a whole another day. That's what I want.

Originally Posted by GSSR
now a stock greddy kit, and to be legal means, u have to use there engine management system, no BOV or FMIC.. and u wont get anywhere near 300whp with that, and even with taht a stock motor with a greddy kit, and FMIC will maybe get u around 215-220 whp with the greddy engine management.

as far as daily driven def. not a problem, but u have to seperate the line between legal and what u can get away with.. if u go with what u can get away with u can deffenitly get some more horses out of it, i personally have a greddy turbo charged gsr, with a bunch of add on's and will be boosting 11psi which will hopefully get me to the 275ish whp range
If I can get away with stuff, then I'll go for it. How do you guys go about smogging your Turbo GSSR's in our lovely state of California?