View Single Post
Old 01-03-2006, 09:33 PM
'98 EX RED
King of the Auto Civic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1998 Honda Civic Coupe/ b18b

Hello everyone,
I have been on HAN for awhile, but I have up to this point concentrated on D series, specifically my d16y8 EX motor. I am beginning to get intrested in doing a B swap into my coupe, but I am having difficulty in finding a method to keep it obd2 for inspection concerns and all. I live in Buffalo, NY so there isnt too much that I have to adhere to other than making it obd2 scannable.

I am intrested in a b18b motor for this, as I want to build it and boost it down the line. Is this motor a good option for my goal of ~250-275 HP on the dyno? What is required to make this an obd2 conversion, and what kind of limitations does this place on actual tuning of the ecu once its all installed?

I have also found a fairly inexpensive b18a1 head with a recent valve job and mild port and polish on it. Would this be a reasonable purchase for the b18b block? Would it even be possible to make it obd2 at this point??

Thank you very much in advance, and I am sure that I will continue to post as my project moves on. I will post up a link for this in the Civic forum as well.

Thanks,
Will