View Single Post
Old 09-10-2002, 06:00 PM
PinoyShadow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alpine 7894 vs Nakamichi CD-45z...

OK people, let me know what you all think. I want to know of any of you who have had or currently have either one of these units. I want to know what you like and/or don't like about the unit. I am leaning towards the Alpine simply due to its ability to play mp3 cd's, which I can see as being very convenient due to the ability to ram an assload of songs on one disc. But I also enjoy the Nakamichi because of its subtlety and its reputation for sound quality. As for the Alpine, you can choose to have the lighting in amber OR green, correct? Or is it that some of the buttons glow green while others glow amber?
The setup that will match up with whatever unit I decide to go with will be 1 IDQ DVC 12" powered by a Memphis ST500D, while the mids/highs will be either Focal Polykevlar or Utopia's, powered by I don't know what yet (suggestions??). I'm open to all commentary, even if you end up suggesting a different unit entirely. Thanks for taking the time to read this everyone, I appreciate your input, PEACE.

Mike

ARCH-ICEMAN, where joo at mang???