Old 09-10-2005, 05:38 PM
Snoopy
been there done that

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tgansert
http://www.modifiedcars.com/cars/591.htm

Just an FYI: When he says 'Spoon Sports blueprinted b18c' that means his motor had the hands of Spoon engineers machining, porting, polishing, milling, stroking, and finally balancing all the while drawing blueprints for every square millimeter of his motor. Take a good look at that car, a total stock-boy except for what's inside the power plant. This man should be a role model for us all. Even tuned out like this, his car will run for another 200k miles.

Now.. since you are going turbo, watch your compression. This is also where Spoon can help. You can specify this to be a F/I car and they won't mill the head down and create uber high compression that is needed in endurance racing. They will strengthen that which decades of research and development has taught them about building Honda motors. Unlike anyone tells you, Spoon can engineer an F/I motor just as well as they can an N/A motor.

If you are gonna slap all your turbo and no2 shit on there anyway, don't mill the head!. The compression on a worked/tuned b18c or b18c5 is TOO HIGH (in the ballpark of 11.1:1) to run 25psi. You're gonna need to beef up all the connecting rods, head bolts, and a number of other odds and ends. Oh yeah, give the vacuum lines a little love.

Here's another IMHO: snatch up a CRV motor. Port/Polish and get a second rate balancing job done ('some guy' at 'some machine shop'). Throw a turbo on the bitch and spray it to death. Don't forget new exhaust. ---
im gonna need some dyno sheets before i believe anything on that page. no way he is making 290whp NA with the mods he listed. it looks like the guy just copy and pasted the spoon catalog for his mods list. and if you do send your engine to spoon to build for boost you truely are living in f&f land or have so much money it's filling the area in your head where your brain should be.

spoon is not the best out there.

Here's the EASIEST thing to do: you can drop all this 25psi and nitrous nonsense and squeeze 350hp all motor. I imagine you'll get more respect for that & your motor will thank you for not making it look like a huge pussy.
350hp all motor? not from a b series.