View Single Post
Old 08-27-2005, 10:38 AM
coregis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake calipers- Akebono or Nissin?

I've needed to replace my rear calipers on my 94 Accord EX for over a month. Every mechanic I called quoted me $199 each for the parts, so I'm ordering them myself. I've had a total nightmare trying to get someone to ship me the correct part with new brcakets and pins, and nobody in my town stock them for me to look at for a reasonable price. For the record, the lowest price I can find is $92 each for calipers with the brackets and pins. I've had multiple companies swear they have the brackets on there for less, but invariably I end up sending them back.
My question is- I know there are two versions of the rear calipers for the 94EX, Akebono and Nissin. The ones I'm going to order now don't specify which, but in my experience with this particular reman company, they will be Nissin. I have no idea what is on my car, and I have no jackstands or anything, which is why I'm calling mechanics in the first place. Does it make any difference at all who made the original brakes? Will the new Nissin calipers when and if (god willing) they arrive fit even if Akebono was there before? Someone please help me-I'm so sick of ordering and returning parts. Thanks!!