Old 08-18-2005, 08:27 AM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hemsky01
I would really appreciate some help or direction on a couple of things. First, I would like to change transmission oil/fluid and I'm wondering how to go about it. Second, I would like to change the bulb on the driver side fog light (right beside the main headlight. I'm not sure if I need to buy the whole contraption or if can just buy a bulb and I'm also not sure how to get at the bulb. The third question is I want to replace the antenna on the car. I am just buying an ordinary antenna and I know I need to take the plastic panels out from the trunk but when I do this I still can not seem to get at the antenna. Any help with these questions would be greatly appreciated. I am a new poster and not very mechanically inclined so any help would be greatly appreciated.
1) Transmission fluid: Filling the trans on an Integra is a little tricky. On the side of the transmission case is a large threaded plug with a hexagonal head on the outside face. The hex-head faces are fairly slim, so you need a very tight fitting end-wrench to unscrew the plug. Furthermore, the transmission case deals with a lot of heat, so removing the drain plug may be a bit of pain.

Once you get the plug off, though.. the rest is easy. Simply add HONDA Manual Transmission fluid (for manual trans, obviously) until the level of fluid is at the bottom of the plug hole. If the fluid that's in there is particularly gritty, it's best to change it.

---
2) Foglights: I am certain that you can replace the bulb independent of the headlight itself. If the radiator is blocking your access to the backside of the headlight, you'll probably need to remove the lamp to access the foglamp socket.

Match the correct type and wattage of bulb, replace, reinstall.
---
3) Antenna: I'm going to refer that question on to someone better aquainted with the interior of the second-gen Integra.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!