View Single Post
Old 08-17-2005, 09:51 AM
janinemoegan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TSX creaking clutch?

i've been having this problem along w/ a loud rattle coming from the trunk when it rains. i've brought my car into the dealer (2 different ones) numerous times. at least 3 times at the 1st dealer and most recently another dealer had my car for a week (they put me in a rental...so did the 1st dealer when they had my car). after i got my car back neither problem was resolved. the 1st dealer lubed the clutch and the creaking went away for about a day. the 2nd dealer didn't do anything, saying they didn't hear/ fell the problem. i wasn't hearing it when i picked up the car but brought it back after it came back. it's a loud creak that you can feel in your foot when depressing and letting up on the pedal. this last time the young tech actually told me he was aware of the clutch issue and said there is a bulletin on it and the master cylinder needs to be swapped out. i search online and found a lot of talk on various forums talking about the same issue for honda euro accords / tsx's and the fix being swapping the master cylinder. i just happened to speak w/ the service rep at the dealer about the issue today and now he's saying that there is no bulletin... on a side note, aside from the frustration of constantly bringing my car in for the same problem, this dealers service manager refused to put me back in a rental saying that they didn't do that unless they needed the car for over 8 hrs. i tried to get some help from the customer relations center and what it basically came down to was them telling me it was the dealers prerogative and i was SOL.

my question is if anyone has had the same experience w/ the clutch and if anyone knows of a specific bulletin #.