Notices

TSX creaking clutch?

Old 08-17-2005, 09:51 AM
janinemoegan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TSX creaking clutch?

i've been having this problem along w/ a loud rattle coming from the trunk when it rains. i've brought my car into the dealer (2 different ones) numerous times. at least 3 times at the 1st dealer and most recently another dealer had my car for a week (they put me in a rental...so did the 1st dealer when they had my car). after i got my car back neither problem was resolved. the 1st dealer lubed the clutch and the creaking went away for about a day. the 2nd dealer didn't do anything, saying they didn't hear/ fell the problem. i wasn't hearing it when i picked up the car but brought it back after it came back. it's a loud creak that you can feel in your foot when depressing and letting up on the pedal. this last time the young tech actually told me he was aware of the clutch issue and said there is a bulletin on it and the master cylinder needs to be swapped out. i search online and found a lot of talk on various forums talking about the same issue for honda euro accords / tsx's and the fix being swapping the master cylinder. i just happened to speak w/ the service rep at the dealer about the issue today and now he's saying that there is no bulletin... on a side note, aside from the frustration of constantly bringing my car in for the same problem, this dealers service manager refused to put me back in a rental saying that they didn't do that unless they needed the car for over 8 hrs. i tried to get some help from the customer relations center and what it basically came down to was them telling me it was the dealers prerogative and i was SOL.

my question is if anyone has had the same experience w/ the clutch and if anyone knows of a specific bulletin #.
Old 08-17-2005, 10:12 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nope, no TSB on it. Go bitch more or go to a different dealer or threaten and you'll get it fixed.
Old 08-17-2005, 05:38 PM
MrChad
THE RED 6th GEN Coupe

Does you clutch only do it when hot? My Accord clutch makes a rachet type noise when you get the tranny nice and hot.

My dealer told me this was the pressure plate fingers making the creak. Now my Accord isn't a TSX but they said my pressure plate was wearing out. I figured well screw it, the car is out of warranty. I've had my little creak for 20,000mi now and 3 years. I'm betting it will last until the clutch disc dies.

The 6th gen Accords had a bad batch of master cylinders I'm not aware of the TSX having this issue. Have you tried out that other TSX only forum?
Old 08-17-2005, 06:44 PM
sa863c

My 5th gen accord clutch creaks pretty good, kinda annoying more than anything else, it has been this way for about 30k miles. I did get it to stop for a little while by removing the clutch fork boot and lubing up the pivot ball w/ some wurth lube, but it came back after a month or so... After 200k miles you just learn to turn the radio up
Old 08-18-2005, 06:10 AM
syclone

there's a bulletin on accords for it.. same deal, the clutch master and slave cyclinder will need to be changed. i don't know if it falls under the warranty though or if it's a wear and tear item.. how many miles do you have on the car and how old?
Old 08-19-2005, 05:28 AM
ACURAmechanic

There is no ACURA bulletin for this. I have had an RSX come in with a simular complaint. Her first trip in I greased the clutch pedal pivot, she said it lasted about a month and then the noise came back. About 2 weeks ago I replaced the clutch pedal assembly and i havent heard from her, so maybe its fixed.
Old 08-19-2005, 07:13 AM
MrChad
THE RED 6th GEN Coupe

I find it hard to believe the master cylinder is the issue only 98-99 Accords had the issue, that was 6 years ago.

I would simply find a new Acura dealer with better mechanics.