View Single Post
Old 07-19-2005, 12:51 AM
dubcac
I

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windows Update SP2 and Wireless Problems

Ok, here goes. I reformatted my main HD on Sat. night, and I have been doing updates since. I did the SP2 update tonight, restarted, and then couldn't connect to my wireless network. I tried using the program for my wireless card, and it wouldn't connect. Then I tried going through the Windows Wireless Connection properties instead, and it wouldn't allow me to use the WEP passphrase I normally use. It didn't allow 128bit encryption. So, I left the box checked where it says a passphrase is generated automatically for me. After this, I was finally connected to our network. My wireless card driver showed connection, but the Windows Wireless Connection still showed that I wasn't connected. I've lost connection a few times since then.

I'm pretty friggin confused and frustrated right now. Is there a way that I can get rid of the SP2 update and go back to the previous settings, or anything else I can do to have a more stable connection?

BTW, I'm running a Netgear wireless card. The Netgear app. shows connection currently, while Windows wireless says I'm not connected.