View Single Post
Old 04-25-2005, 11:07 PM
Chizzy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Shmoo
With Hondas, you shouldn't even put it in 1st until you are completely stopped or you will most likely grind.

It sounds like your synchros are on their way out. At least the 5th gear synchro...

So are you saying that you are double clutching or shifting without the clutch on your occasionally aggressive 1st to 2nd shift? It will come out of gear without the clutch but it shouldn't go into 2nd without the clutch (or rev matching, which isn't recommended unless you like screwing up your transmission).
K gotcha on first gear. What needs to be replaced if the 5th gear synchro is on it's way out?
When I shift to second gear aggresively I hear a tearing sort of sound like I just tore a peice of fabric quickly, that is with the clutch pedal depressed fully while I pull the knob from 1st to 2nd. When i release the clutch, there is no problem.

btw: what is rev matching: is that reving it up to where the revs will go to when you release the clutch pedal? ex. I'm at 3000 revs going to second and I think that revs will be at 2000 say when I get into second so during the shift I get the revs to 2000?